Schemes of Halal Certification
IFANCA Pakistan can certify under the PS3733 scheme
and other schemes on a case by case basis.
Five simple steps for granting halal certificate:
- Halal certification application
- Application evaluation
- Halal certification agreement and price quote
- On-site audit
- Certification decision
On-site audit process:
- Opening meeting
- Document review and evaluation
- Plant inspection, step by step
- Closing meeting
- Audit report
- Fee Structure
Factors taken into consideration in the calculation of Halal Certification fee for UAE/GSO
- Number of HACCP Plans
- Number of Full Time Employees
- Product Complexity Class
- Product Variety
- Fee for registration of the plant
- Fee for registration of the products
- Fee for the audit
Refusal to grant halal certification:
IFANCA Pakistan may refuse a halal certification application or refuse to issue a document verifying compliance with the halal requirements if:
- In IFANCA Pakistan’s reasonable opinion the client does not comply or fails to comply with the halal requirements, halal standards, or Islamic law.
- In IFANCA Pakistan’s reasonable opinion the client fails to comply with any of the obligations under the halal certification agreement.
Policy for suspension, withdrawal, or reduction of the halal certification:
The halal certification may be suspended if:
- The client persistently or seriously fails to meet the halal certification requirements.
- The client refuses to allow IFANCA Pakistan to conduct surveillance or recertification audits.
- The client requests suspension of the halal certificate.
The halal certification may be withdrawn if:
- The client fails to meet any of the terms and conditions in the halal certification agreement.
- The client fails to resolve any suspension issues within the defined time.
- The client requests withdrawal of the certificate.
The scope of halal certification may be reduced if:
- The client fails to resolve any suspension issues that affect only some of the halal certified products within the defined time.
- Some of the halal certified products fail to meet the halal requirements.
- The client requests a reduction in scope.
Policy for maintaining, extending and renewing the halal certificate:
- To maintain the halal certificate, client must continue complying with the halal requirements.
- IFANCA Pakistan may conduct surveillance audits to ensure that facility continue to meet the halal requirements.
- To extend the certification scope, client must submit a request to IFANCA Pakistan. Evaluation and approval decision are required before extending any certificate.
- If necessary, IFANCA Pakistan may conduct surveillance audit before the approval decision.
- For certification renewal, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procedure for suspension, withdrawal, reduction, maintenance, extension, and renewal of halal certificate:
- All issues related to suspension, withdrawal, or reduction are reviewed by the Halal Certification Committee of IFANCA Pakistan.
- The Halal Certification Committee of IFANCA Pakistan is responsible for making all decisions related to halal certification including: granting, maintaining, renewing, extending, reducing, suspending, and withdrawing of halal certification.
- The client is notified of the Halal Certification Committee’s decision immediately.
- Suspended, withdrawn, and reduced certificates become invalid starting on the notification date.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at email@example.com.